Coffee-Crusted Cowgirl Steaks
- Yield: 4 servings
- 4 bone-in steaks such as rib-eye
- Herb Rub:
- 2tablespoons finely chopped rosemary
- 2tablespoons finely chopped thyme
- Coffe Crust Seasoning:
- 1/2cup finely ground coffee
- 1/2cup Lawry's seasoning
- 1/2cup sugar
- 1teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 1/4cup canola oil
- 1tablespoon minced garlic
- Combine the herbs. Rub into steaks. Let stand, covered, 1 to 2 hours.
- Combine the coffee crust seasoning ingredients in a bowl and mix well.
- Preheat a grill to high heat.
- Sear the steaks on the grill. Turn the steaks, sprinkle with coffee crust seasoning. Continue cooking and turning and sprinkling to create a nice crust. Reduce heat to medium and finish your steaks to your liking.
- Allow the steaks to rest for a few minutes before serving. This lets them gather there juices and think about what they have done.
For more information on why meat needs to rest after cooking, watch this video for tips from the “Butcher Boys” of Porter Road Butcher in Nashville, TN