Coffee Angel Food Cake
- Yield servings
Few things are simpler than this light coffee cake.
- 1 (14 1/2-ounce) box angel food cake mix
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 tablespoon instant coffee dissolved in 1 tablespoon water
- Coffee Icing:
- 6 tablespoons light stick margarine, at room temperature
- 2 tablespoons instant coffee dissolved in 1 tablespoon water
- 1 (16-ounce) box confectioners' sugar
- 3 to 4 tablespoons skim milk
- Prepare angel food cake batter according to package directions. Blend vanilla and almond extracts and coffee into batter, then bake according to package instructions.
- To prepare icing: In a mixing bowl, cream margarine with dissolved coffee and confectioners’ sugar, adding milk as needed until icing reaches spreading consistency. Ice the top, sides, and center of cooled cake.