Coconut Smore Cookies
- Yield servings
- 1/2 cup Real California butter, melted
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups mini marshmallows
- 2 cups (12-ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup sweetened flaked coconut
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- Heat oven to 375F.
- In large mixer bowl, beat butter and sugars until fluffy. Beat in eggs, vanilla, baking powder, baking soda and salt to blend thoroughly.
- In small saucepan over low heat, melt marshmallows, stirring often and being careful not to burn; mix into butter mixture to blend.
- Mix in chocolate chips and coconut, then flour to blend thoroughly.
- Drop generous tablespoons of dough, spaced 2 inches apart, onto foil-lined baking sheets. Bake 10 to 12 minutes until lightly browned. Cool on pans 10 minutes, then remove to racks to cool completely.
Recipe courtesy of the California Milk Advisory Board