Coconut Smore Cookies
- Yield: servings
- 1/2cup Real California butter, melted
- 1/2cup granulated sugar
- 1/2cup packed brown sugar
- 2large eggs
- 1 1/2teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1/2teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1/2teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2teaspoon salt
- 2cups mini marshmallows
- 2cups (12-ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1cup sweetened flaked coconut
- 2 1/2cups all-purpose flour
- Heat oven to 375F.
- In large mixer bowl, beat butter and sugars until fluffy. Beat in eggs, vanilla, baking powder, baking soda and salt to blend thoroughly.
- In small saucepan over low heat, melt marshmallows, stirring often and being careful not to burn; mix into butter mixture to blend.
- Mix in chocolate chips and coconut, then flour to blend thoroughly.
- Drop generous tablespoons of dough, spaced 2 inches apart, onto foil-lined baking sheets. Bake 10 to 12 minutes until lightly browned. Cool on pans 10 minutes, then remove to racks to cool completely.
Recipe courtesy of the California Milk Advisory Board