- Pineapple Salsa:
- 1 1/2cups finely chopped fresh pineapple
- 1/3cup chopped red onion
- 2tablespoons finely chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/3cup pineapple preserves
- 1tablespoon finely chopped fresh jalapeno
- 1tablespoon lime juice
- 1/3cup cornstarch
- 1/2teaspoon cayenne or to taste
- Salt to taste
- 3 egg whites
- 1 1/4cups flaked coconut
- 1 1/2pounds medium peeled shrimp
- Combine all salsa ingredients in a bowl and mix thoroughly.
- Preheat oven 400F. Spray baking sheet with nonstick spray.
- In a small bowl, combine cornstarch, cayenne and salt. In a separate bowl, beat egg whites for 2 minutes until frothy. Scatter coconut across a plate.
- Dredge shrimp in cornstarch mixture, then coat with egg whites, and roll in coconut flecks. Arrange shrimp in a single layer across pan.
- Bake 15 minutes, flip shrimp, and bake for an additional 5-10 minutes. Serve with Pineapple Salsa.
Recipe reprinted with permission from Gulf Coast Favorites (Holly Clegg, 2008). For more from Holly, follow along at her website, Trim & Terrific.
Nutritional Info *per serving
- Calories 261
- Fat 4g
- Saturated Fat 4g
- Cholesterol 168mg
- Sodium 266mg
- Carbohydrate 33g
- Protein 20g