Coconut Shrimp with Pineapple Salsa
- Yield 4 to 6 servings
This easy oven-baked version of Coconut Shrimp will win you over!
- Pineapple Salsa:
- 1 1/2 cups finely chopped fresh pineapple
- 1/3 cup chopped red onion
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/3 cup pineapple preserves
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh jalapeno
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1/3 cup cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne or to taste
- Salt to taste
- 3 egg whites
- 1 1/4 cups flaked coconut
- 1 1/2 pounds medium peeled shrimp
- Combine all salsa ingredients in a bowl and mix thoroughly.
- Preheat oven 400F. Spray baking sheet with nonstick spray.
- In a small bowl, combine cornstarch, cayenne and salt. In a separate bowl, beat egg whites for 2 minutes until frothy. Scatter coconut across a plate.
- Dredge shrimp in cornstarch mixture, then coat with egg whites, and roll in coconut flecks. Arrange shrimp in a single layer across pan.
- Bake 15 minutes, flip shrimp, and bake for an additional 5-10 minutes. Serve with Pineapple Salsa.