Coconut Shrimp with Ginger Mango Sauce
- Yield: 4 servings
- Tangy Mango Sauce:
- 1large ripe mango, peeled, pitted
- 2tablespoons rice vinegar (unseasoned)
- 2tablespoons honey
- 1teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- Coconut Shrimp:
- 1pound large raw tail on shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/3cup honey
- 2teaspoons soy sauce
- 2teaspoons hot chili oil
- 2cups flaked coconut
- Puree mango, vinegar, honey and ginger in a blender or food processor; set aside.
- Preheat oven to 400F and spray a large baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray.
- Rinse shrimp and pat very dry between paper towels. In a medium bowl stir together honey, soy sauce and chili oil. Dip shrimp in mixture then roll in coconut, pressing so that it sticks to the shrimp; place on baking sheet and sprinkle with some of the excess coconut.
- Bake for 6 to 8 minutes or until shrimp is firm and coconut is golden brown. Carefully remove from baking sheet with a spatula to a platter. Serve mango sauce on the side for dipping. Makes 4 main dish or 8 appetizer servings.
Recipe courtesy of the National Mango Board
Nutritional Info *per serving
- Calories 231
- Fat 7g
- Cholesterol 86mg
- Sodium 223mg
- Carbohydrate 30g
- Fiber 2g
- Protein 12g