Coconut Macadamia Nut French Toast
- Yield 2 servings
- Prep 15 mins
- Cook 15 mins
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup cornflake crumbs
- 1/4 cup macadamia nuts, finely chopped
- 4 -- eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup milk
- 4 -- (1-inch-thick) center slices King's Hawaiian Sweet Bread, cut in half
- -- Vegetable oil or cooking spray
- -- Maple syrup
- -- Whipped cream, optional
Combine coconut, cornflake crumbs and macadamia nuts in shallow dish; set aside.
Mix eggs and milk in medium bowl with wire whisk until well blended.
Heat griddle over medium heat. Grease with oil or cooking spray.
Dip (do not soak) bread slices in egg mixture, one or two at a time, coating both sides evenly. Press one side of dipped bread into coconut mixture.
Cook coconut side of bread first until golden brown, taking care not to scorch coconut. Turn; cook other side until golden brown and egg is set.
Repeat with remaining bread slices.
Serve with warm maple syrup or whipped cream, if desired.