Coconut Caramel Pie
- Yield: 12 servings
- 1/4cup (1/2 stick) butter or margarine
- 1-- (7-ounce) package flaked coconut
- 1/2cup chopped pecans
- 1-- (14-ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 8ounces cream cheese, softened
- 12 to 16ounces frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1-- (12-ounce) jar caramel ice cream topping
- 2-- baked (9-inch) pie shells
- Heat the butter in a large skillet. Stir in the coconut and pecans. Cook until golden brown, stirring frequently. Remove from heat. Beat the condensed milk and cream cheese in a mixing bowl until smooth, scraping the bowl occasionally. Fold in the whipped topping.
- Layer 1/4 of the cream cheese mixture and 1/4 of the ice cream topping in each pie shell. Sprinkle each with 1/4 of the coconut mixture. Repeat the process with the remaining ingredients. Freeze, covered, until firm. Let stand at room temperature for several minutes before serving.
Recipe reprinted with permission from Favorite Recipes of Family and Friends of LSU AgCenter’s Serving Louisiana (LSU Agricultural Center, Baton Rouge, Louisiana, 2002).