Cocoa Rum Cheesecake
- Yield 8 servings
- Prep 35 mins
- Cook 60 mins
- -- Walnut Crumb Crust (see recipe)
- 1/4 cup margarine or butter, melted
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 3 packages (8oz) cream cheese, softened
- 1 can (14oz) Eagle Brand Sweetened Condensed milk (not evaporated milk)
- 4 whole eggs
- 2 tablespoons light rum OR 2T water plus 1/2t rum extract
- -- Rum Cream (see recipe)
- -- Chopped California walnuts
Prepare Walnut Crumb Crust. Combine margarine and cocoa, stirring until smooth; set aside.
In large mixer bowl, beat cheese until fluffy. Add cocoa mixture; mix well. Gradually beat in sweetened condensed milk until smooth. Add eggs, rum and vanilla; mix well.
Pour into prepared pan. Bake in preheated 300F oven 55 to 60 minutes or until center is set. Remove from oven; loosen cake from rim of pan. Cool. Chill thoroughly.
Garnish with Rum Cream* and chopped California walnuts. Refrigerate leftovers.
Walnut Crumb Crust:
Preheat oven to 300F. In medium bowl, combine ¾ cup chopped California walnuts, ¾ cup vanilla wafer crumbs (about 24 wafers), ¼ cup sugar and ¼ cup margarine or butter, melted.
Press firmly on bottom of 9-inch springform pan. Bake in 10 minutes.
In small mixer bowl, beat 1 cup (1/2 pint) Borden or Meadow Gold Whipping Cream, 2 tablespoons confectioners’ sugar and 2 teaspoons light rum or ½ teaspoon rum extract until stiff.
Makes 1 9-inch cheesecake