Cocoa Pecan Brownies
- Yield 20 servings
You can whip these rich brownies up in a snap, using whatever cocoa powder you have in your pantry.
- 1 1/2 cups (3 sticks) butter
- 3 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 12 tablespoons cocoa
- 6 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Melt butter and sugar together in a 3-quart saucepan. Add vanilla and cocoa and stir well. Remove from heat. Beat in eggs, one at a time. Beat in flour. Fold in pecans.
- Pour batter into a greased 13 x 9-inch baking pan. Bake 30 to 35 minutes.
- Let cool slightly before cutting into squares. Makes 16 squares.
Recipe courtesy of Nancy Vienneau and Third Thursday Potluck