Cocktail Sauce for Seafood
- Yield 1 cups
No need to purchase commercial brands when homemade is easy and tastes fresher.
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 3 teaspoons hot prepared horseradish
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- -- Salt to taste
- -- Tabasco sauce, optional
- -- Cayenne pepper, optional
- Mix all together, check seasonings adding more horseradish or a dash of Tabasco sauce or cayenne pepper if you want sauce hotter.
- Chill until ready to use.
Recipe reprinted with permission from the Just for Mom’s Foundations’ Down Home Delicious (Peggy Touchtone Sholly, 2007).