Clover Honey Muffins
- Yield: 2 dozen
- 5cups oats
- 5cups oat bran
- 2cups chopped pecans or walnuts
- 1/2cup unsalted sunflower seeds
- 1/2cup dates
- 4tablespoons baking powder
- 8-- bananas, mashed
- 2cups clover honey
- 4cups skim or evaporated skim milk
- 4-- egg whites
- 9ounces applesauce
- Preheat the oven to 425F. Grease 24 muffin cups. Combine the oats, bran, nuts, seeds, dates and baking powder in a large bowl. Combine the bananas, honey, milk, egg whites and applesauce in another bowl and mix well. Stir the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients. Spoon into the prepared muffin cups. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes.
Recipe reprinted with permission from South Carolina Outdoor Press Association’s Wild Fare and Wise Words (Columbia, South Carolina, 2005).