Classic Potato Salad
- Yield 4 to 6 servings
- Prep 15 mins
- Cook 12 mins
A nonfat favorite that comes together quickly for spur of the moment picnic adventures.
To save time, chop vegetables while potatoes are cooking. This salad may be served right away, but is best if refrigerated for at least 1 hour to allow flavors to blend.
- 1 1/2 pounds red potatoes*
- 1 cup nonfat plain yogurt
- 1/3 cup minced red onion
- 1/3 cup thinly sliced celery
- 1/4 cup minced dill pickles plus 1 tablespoon juice from jar
- 1/2 tablespoon yellow mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Chopped fresh parsley
- Place whole potatoes (do not poke) into microwave-safe dish. Cover dish. (If covering dish with plastic wrap, poke small hole in plastic.) Microwave on HIGH for 10 to 12 minutes depending on strength of microwave. Use oven mitts to remove dish from microwave; carefully remove cover from dish due to steam build-up and let cool. Cut potatoes into bite-size pieces and place in a large bowl with remaining ingredients; stir well to mix. Makes 4 servings.