Classic Potato Casserole
- Yield 6 servings
- Prep 10 mins
- Cook 20 mins
Got 30 minutes? Then you’ve got a classic creamy, cheesy potato casserole for dinner.
- 1 1/4 pounds Yukon Gold potatoes, very thinly sliced
- 1 cup quartered and thinly sliced onion
- 1 cup shredded reduced-fat sharp Cheddar cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian herb seasoning
- 1/2 cup stock or reduced-sodium broth
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- Spray an 8-inch microwave-safe baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- Place 1/3 of the potatoes and 1/2 of the onions on the bottom of the dish and sprinkle with 1/3 the cheese and 1/2 the herbs. Repeat layers, then top with the last 1/3 of the potatoes, layering potatoes so that there is a solid layer of potatoes with no gaps; sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Stir together stock, Dijon and garlic salt and pour over the potatoes. Cover with plastic wrap and microwave on HIGH for 20 minutes. Use oven mitts to remove dish from microwave; carefully remove cover from dish due to steam build-up and serve.
Recipe courtesy of the United States Potato Board