Classic Margarita on the Rocks
- Yield: 1 servings
- Coarse salt, for rimming the glass
- 1 lime wedge, for rimming the glass
- 2fluid ounces tequilla
- 1fluid ounce Cointreau
- 3/4fluid ounce fresh lime juice
- 1 lime slice for garnish
- Pour salt onto a small, shallow plate. Rub outside of a cocktail glass or coupe with lime wedge. Dip glass rim into the plate of salt to coat.
- Fill a cocktail shaker with ice and add tequila, Cointreau and lime juice. Shake well and strain into the prepared glass. Garnish with lime and serve.
Recipe reprinted with Permission from Happy Hour at Home by Barbara Scott-Goodman (Running Press, 2013).