Classic Margarita on the Rocks
- Yield 1 servings
Sweet, salty and tart flavors all combine to make this cocktail a summer staple.
- Coarse salt, for rimming the glass
- 1 lime wedge, for rimming the glass
- 2 fluid ounces tequilla
- 1 fluid ounce Cointreau
- 3/4 fluid ounce fresh lime juice
- 1 lime slice for garnish
- Pour salt onto a small, shallow plate. Rub outside of a cocktail glass or coupe with lime wedge. Dip glass rim into the plate of salt to coat.
- Fill a cocktail shaker with ice and add tequila, Cointreau and lime juice. Shake well and strain into the prepared glass. Garnish with lime and serve.
Recipe reprinted with Permission from Happy Hour at Home by Barbara Scott-Goodman (Running Press, 2013).