Classic Fig Honey Butter
- Yield: 1 1/2 cups
- 1cup butter, room temperature
- 1/2cup dried figs, finely chopped, stems removed
- 2teaspoons brandy
- 2tablespoons honey
- -- Pinch of salt
- Cream together all the ingredients in a large mixing bowl until creamy and smooth.
- Store in a covered container in the refrigerator for up to 1 month.
- If using Fig Honey Butter on bread, pancakes or muffins, it is best to let it sit out on the counter and soften for easier spreadability and better flavor.
Recipe reprinted with permission from Under the Fig Leaf; A Cookbook for Fig Lovers (copyright 2009, Sherri Lee Parker Lee).