Classic Cuban Sandwich
- Yield 4 servings
Try this authentic version of the Cuban sandwich.
- 1 loaf Cuban bread
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons mustard
- 4 ounces thinly sliced deli baked ham
- 4 ounces thinly sliced deli pork
- 4 ounces thinly sliced salami
- 8 ounces thinly sliced Swiss cheese
- 1/2 large dill pickle, thinly sliced
- Slice the bread into halves lengthwise. Spread 1 cut side with mayonnaise and the other with mustard. Layer the ham, pork, salami, cheese and pickle on the bottom half and replace the top. Cut into 4 pieces. Wrap in brown paper and twist ends to seal.
- Bake at 350F for 15 to 20 minutes or until the sandwich is heated through and the cheese is melted.
Recipe reprinted with permission from the Junior League of Ft. Myers’ Tropical Settings (the Junior League of Ft. Myers, Inc., Ft. Myers, Fl., 1995).