Classic Cuban Sandwich
- Yield: 4 servings
- 1loaf Cuban bread
- 2tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2tablespoons mustard
- 4ounces thinly sliced deli baked ham
- 4ounces thinly sliced deli pork
- 4ounces thinly sliced salami
- 8ounces thinly sliced Swiss cheese
- 1/2large dill pickle, thinly sliced
- Slice the bread into halves lengthwise. Spread 1 cut side with mayonnaise and the other with mustard. Layer the ham, pork, salami, cheese and pickle on the bottom half and replace the top. Cut into 4 pieces. Wrap in brown paper and twist ends to seal.
- Bake at 350F for 15 to 20 minutes or until the sandwich is heated through and the cheese is melted.
Recipe reprinted with permission from the Junior League of Ft. Myers’ Tropical Settings (the Junior League of Ft. Myers, Inc., Ft. Myers, Fl., 1995).