Classic Beef Ribeye Roast with Herb Shallot Sauce
- Yield: 8 servings
- 1-- beef ribeye roast, small end (4 to 6 pounds)
- 2tablespoons fresh thyme
- 2tablespoons garlic-pepper seasoning
- 2-- minced shallot
- 2teaspoons chopped fresh thyme
- 1cup dry red wine
- 2teaspoons country Dijon-style mustard
- 1tablespoon butter, softened
- -- Salt and pepper
- Heat oven to 350F. Combine 2 tablespoons thyme and garlic-pepper seasoning; press evenly onto all surfaces of beef roast.
- Place roast, fat side up, on rack in shallow roasting pan. Insert ovenproof meat thermometer so tip is centered in thickest part of beef, not resting in fat. Do not add water or cover. Roast in 350F oven 1-3/4 to 2 hours for medium rare; 2 to 2 1/2 hours for medium doneness.
- Remove roast when meat thermometer registers 135F for medium rare; 150F for medium. Transfer roast to carving board; tent loosely with aluminum foil. Let stand 15 to 20 minutes. (Temperature will continue to rise about 10F to reach 145F for medium rare; 160F for medium.)
- Meanwhile skim fat from drippings. Combine drippings, shallot and 2 teaspoons thyme in medium saucepan. Cook and stir over medium heat 2 to 3 minutes or until shallots are crisp-tender. Stir in wine and mustard; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer 8 to 10 minutes or until sauce is reduced to 3/4 cup. Stir in butter. Season with salt and pepper as desired.
- Carve roast into slices. Serve with sauce.
Nutritional Info *per serving
- Calories 273
- Fat 11g
- Saturated Fat 5g
- Monounsaturated Fat 4g
- Cholesterol 101mg
- Sodium 319mg
- Carbohydrate 1g
- Fiber .1
- Protein 38g