Classic Baked Potatoes
- Yield: 4 servings
- Prep: 10 mins
- Cook: 12 mins
- 4 (5- to 6-ounce) Russet potatoes, scrubbed
- 1/4cup nonfat plain yogurt
- 4teaspoons healthy buttery spread
- 1/2teaspoon garlic or seasoned salt
- Snipped fresh chives or green onion tops (optional)
- Broccoli Cheddar Baked Potatoes: Place 3 cups tiny broccoli flowerettes in a small bowl with 1 tablespoon water. Cover and microwave on HIGH for 2 minutes. Drain and spoon equal amounts onto each seasoned potato. Sprinkle each with 1/4 cup reduced-fat sharp Cheddar cheese and microwave on HIGH for 2 minutes more to melt cheese.
- Baked Pizza Potatoes: Place 16 slices turkey pepperoni on a plate and microwave on HIGH for 45 to 60 seconds to crisp. Top each seasoned potato with 1/4 cup warm pasta sauce, 1/4 cup Italian blend shredded cheese, 1 tablespoon minced green pepper and 1 tablespoon sliced green onion. Microwave on HIGH for 2 minutes to melt cheese, then, top with coarsely crumbled pepperoni slices.
- Spinach Alfredo Baked Potatoes: Stir 2 cups coarsely chopped fresh spinach into 1/2 cup light Alfredo sauce. Cover and microwave on HIGH for 2 minutes. Spoon equal amounts onto each seasoned potato, then sprinkle with shredded Parmesan cheese, if desired.
Recipe courtesy of the United States Potato Board
Nutritional Info *per serving
- Calories 160
- Fat 3g
- Saturated Fat 1g
- Cholesterol 0mg
- Sodium 160mg
- Potassium 651mg
- Carbohydrate 29g
- Fiber 2g
- Sugars 2g
- Protein 4g