- Yield: 4 servings
- 1 orange
- 1 lemon
- Grated zest of 1 lime
- 1teaspoon coarse salt
- 1teaspoon coriander seeds, crushed
- 1/2teaspoon pepper
- 1 (1 1/2 pound) salmon fillet with skin
- 1tablespoon olive oil
- Zest the orange and lemon. Cut the orange and lemon into 1/4-inch slices. Mix the orange zest, lemon zest, lime zest, salt and coriander and pepper in a bowl.
- Arrange the fillet skin side down in a large glass or ceramic baking dish. Rub the fillet with the zest mixture.
- Chill, covered with plastic wrap, for 1 to 2 hours. Let stand at room temperature for 20 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Remove the fillet to a platter. Reserve several of the orange slices and several of the lemon slices.
- Arrange the remaining orange slices and remaining lemon slices in a single layer in the baking dish. Layer with the fillet skin side down. Place the reserved orange slices and reserved lemon slices on top of the fillet and drizzle with the olive oil.
- Roast for 17 to 25 minutes or until the fillet flakes easily.
- Cut crosswise into four equal portions and serve immediately.
Recipe reprinted with permission from The Junior League of Pasadena, Inc., California Mosaic, A Cookbook Celebrating Cultures and Cuisine (The Junior League of Pasadena, Inc. 2008)