Citrus Ricotta Figs
- Yield 6 servings
Fresh figs stuffed with creamy ricotta and garnished with chopped pistachios—a perfect summery dessert.
This elegant dessert only takes a few minutes to assemble. The citrus-infused ricotta-cheese filling can be prepared in advance and held in the refrigerator until needed. The nuts can be chopped ahead as well. All that is left to do is slice the figs and fill them.
- 12 medium ripe fresh figs
- 1 cup low-fat ricotta cheese
- 6 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 tablespoons chopped pistachio nuts or other nuts
- Remove stem ends from figs. Cut each into a tulip shape by slicing in quarters from stem almost to blossom end. Press on stem end to open petals.
- In a blender or food processor, whirl ricotta, citrus rinds, vanilla, and honey. Stuff each fig with 2 tablespoons flavored ricotta. Serve garnished with chopped nuts.