- 3large whole eggs
- 3large egg yolks, lightly beaten
- 3/4cup granulated sugar
- 6tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 6tablespoons freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1tablespoon lemon zest
- 1tablespoon orange zest
- 3/4cup unsalted butter, cut into 1/4-inch cubes
- 1 (9-inch) tart pan, lined with pastry and baked
- 1/2cup pomegranate jelly or currant jelly, melted
- 1 1/2cups fresh pomegranate arils, plus more for garnish
- 1/4cup fresh pomegranate arils
- 1medium orange, peeled and sliced
- 1cup whipped cream
- In a non-reactive saucepan, over medium heat, combine the eggs, egg yolks, sugar, lemon juice, orange juice, lemon zest, orange zest and butter. Cook slowly, stirring constantly with a wooden spoon, until butter melts and mixture is thick enough to coat the back of a spoon, 7 to 8 minutes.
- Remove from heat and strain through a coarse mesh strainer placed over a bowl.
- Spread the mixture evenly in the fully baked pastry shell and refrigerate until chilled, 2 to 4 hours.
- Over low heat, warm jelly until melted; carefully fold arils into melted jelly. Spread over tart.
- Garnish each plate with an orange slice, some whipped cream and sprinkle with arils.
Recipe courtesy of POM Wonderful
blog comments powered by
Nutritional Info *per serving
- Calories 533
- Fat 33g
- Cholesterol 227mg
- Sodium 139mg
- Carbohydrate 56g
- Fiber 0g
- Protein 5g