Citrus Grilled Shrimp
- Yield 4 servings
- 1 1/2 pounds fresh jumbo shrimp
- 1/3 cup fresh grapefruit juice
- 1/4 cup fresh orange juice
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh mint, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Peel and devein the shrimp, leaving the tails intact.
- Combine the grapefruit juice, orange juice, lime juice, cilantro, mint, salt and pepper in a shallow glass dish. Add the shrimp and toss well. Marinate, covered, in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Drain the shrimp, discarding the marinade.
- Arrange the shrimp evenly on 4 metal skewers. Spray the grill rack with nonstick cooking spray. Place the skewers of shrimp on the grill rack.
- Grill, with the lid down, over medium-hot (350 to 400 degrees) coals for 3 minutes per side or until the shrimp turn pink.
- Serve over hot cooked rice.
Recipe reprinted with permission from the Junior League of Mobile, Bay Tables (Junior League of Mobile 1999)