Citrus Fish Rub
- Yield: 2 servings
- 2cloves garlic
- 2tablespoons fresh rosemary
- 1/2teaspoon salt
- 1/2teaspoon pepper
- 1/4cup fresh basil leaves
- 1/2cup olive oil
- 1medium lemon
- 1pound fresh tuna, salmon, trout etc
- Rinse fish and pat fish dry
- Use a zester on the outside skin of the lemon, collecting the zest in a bowl.
- Add salt and pepper .
- Peel the garlic cloves and put through a garlic press or chop very finely. Add to the bowl.
- Tear or cut the basil leaves finely until you have 1/4 cup. Add to the bowl.
- Use scissors to cut the rosemary from the plant until you have 2 Tblsp. add to the bowl.
- Slowly add the olive oil until the mixture resembles a paste. You may not need the full 1/2 cup.
- Rub the fish with the mixture at least 30 min. before grilling or baking.
- Leave the rub on and grill or bake the fish till desired doneness.