Cinnamon Zucchini Bread with Tofu
- Yield 24 servings
Pureed silken tofu keeps the bread super moist.
- 1 (12.3-ounce) package silken firm tofu
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 teaspoons vanilla
- 4 egg whites
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups grated zucchini
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350F. Grease and flour 2 (9 x 5-inch) loaf pans.
- In food processor or blender, combine tofu, oil, sugar and vanilla; process until smooth. Set aside.
- With an electric mixer beat egg whites until soft peaks form. Fold egg whites into tofu mixture.
- Sift together flour, cinnamon, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Gently stir flour mixture into tofu mixture. Stir zucchini and nuts into batter. Pour batter into pans. Bake for 1 hour. Cool bread in pans 10 minutes; remove. Makes 2 loaves.
Recipe courtesy of The Soyfoods Council