Cinnamon Orange Pancakes
- Yield 6 servings
Taste the sunshine is these tasty low-fat pancakes.
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons wheat germ
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 cup skim milk
- -- Egg substitute equivalent to 1 egg
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3/4 cup fresh orange juice
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- Combine the first 6 ingredients in a bowl and mix well. Combine the skim milk, orange juice, egg substitute and orange peel in a bowl and mix well. Add to the dry ingredients, stirring just until moistened. Spray a hot griddle or nonstick skillet with nonstick cooking spray. Pour 1/4 cup batter for each pancake onto the riddle. Bake until bubbles appear on top and the edges are dry, turn. Bake until brown.
Recipe reprinted with permission from Saint Thomas Hospital’s A Taste of the Good Life (Nashville, Tn., 1996).