Cinnamon Honey Buns
- Yield 12 servings
Start with frozen bread dough and add honey, nuts, cinnamon and raisins for easy-to-make cinnamon rolls.
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter or margarine, softened and divided
- 1/2 cup honey, divided
- 1/2 cup chopped toasted nuts, optional
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 pound frozen bread dough, thawed according to package directions
- 2/3 cup raisins
- Grease 12 muffin cups with 1 Tablespoon butter.
- To prepare honey nut topping, mix together 1 Tablespoon butter, 1/4 cup honey and chopped nuts. Place 1 teaspoon topping in each muffin cup.
- To prepare filling, mix together remaining 2 Tablespoons butter, remaining 1/4 cup honey and cinnamon. Roll out bread dough onto floured surface into 18 x 8-inch rectangle. Spread filling evenly over dough. Sprinkle evenly with raisins.
- Starting with long side, roll dough into log. Cut log into 12 (1-1/2-inch) slices. Place 1 slice, cut-side up, into each prepared muffin cup. Set muffin pan in warm place; let dough rise for 30 minutes. Place muffin pan on foil-lined baking sheet. Bake at 375°F. 20 minutes or until buns are golden brown. Remove from oven; cool in pan 5 minutes. Invert muffin pan to remove buns.