Cinnamon Granola Bars
- Yield 12 servings
These chewy bars contain whole-grain oatmeal and more than 5 grams of protein. They make the kitchen smell delicious while baking.
Nutty and naturally sweet, these bars contain the antioxidant vitamin E, which is found in nuts, many fruits and especially in wheat germ.
- 1 cup quick-cooking or old-fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup wheat germ
- 1/2 cup whole-wheat flour
- 1 cup sliced almonds
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 -- (7-ounce) package dried fruit bits, or 1 1/2 cups mixed dried fruit, finely chopped
- 2 -- eggs
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350F. Lightly coat 8-inch square baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, mix together oats, wheat germ, flour, almonds, cinnamon and salt with a fork until blended; stir in dried fruit.
- Whisk together eggs, honey and vanilla in a small bowl until well blended; pour over oat mixture and stir to combine. Scrape mixture into prepared pan; press until evenly spread. Bake 15 to 18 minutes, until the edges turn golden brown.
Recipe by Serena Ball.