- Dry Ingredients:
- 1.7ounces whole wheat flour
- 2tablespoons cornmeal
- 2tablespoons quick cooking oats
- 1tablespoon semolina
- 3tablespoons coconut flakes or desiccated coconut (heaping tablespoons)
- 1teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1teaspoon baking soda or fruit salt
- Wet Ingredients:
- 1 very ripe banana
- 1 egg, room temperature
- 2.3ounces butter
- 2tablespoons coconut oil
- 1.7 fluid ounces of honey
- 2tablespoons whole milk (can replace with coconut milk or any nut milk)
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Line a loaf tin with parchment paper
- In a clean metal bowl, mix all the dry ingredients with a whisk.
- In another clean bowl, add all the wet ingredients and mix well with wooden spoon until no lumps remain.
- Add the dry ingredients into the wet ones in 2 small additions and mix well between each addition.
- Pour into the loaf tin and bake for 30 minutes. Insert skewer to check if it comes out clean.
- If it does, your cake is ready, if it doesn’t leave it for another 5-10 minutes.
This recipe by The Cupcake Confession for Honest Cooking was republished with permission. It originally appeared as Coconut Banana Cinnamon Loaf.