- Yield 3 to 4 cups
- Prep 10 mins
- Cook 0 mins
Cilantro and lots of fresh garlic make this salsa an exciting addition to Mediterranean or Latin dishes.
If you can't find fresh figs, enjoy the salsa with just the oranges. Goes well with recipes such as Chicken-Fig Tagine.
- 2 onion, quartered
- 5 garlic cloves, peeled
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 bunch cilantro, washed, stems included
- 1/2 to 1 jalapeño pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 orange, peeled, sectioned and diced
- 6 to 8 fresh figs, stems removed, cut into eighths
- Combine onions, garlic, lemon juice, cilantro, jalapeño, salt, cumin and oil in food processor and process, pausing to scrape sides, until a smooth paste is formed.
- Transfer to a bowl and stir in orange sections and figs. Serve with Chicken-Fig Tagine.
Recipe by Cresecent Dragonwagon.