- Yield 1-3/4 cups
- Prep 5 mins
- Cook 0 mins
Unlike the classic basil pesto, this cilantro-based version adds Southwestern flair to pastas and dips.
Try this no-cook summer sauce on chicken, shrimp, and vegetables or as a dip.
- 3 cloves garlic
- 3/4 cup packed fresh cilantro
- 1/2 cup packed fresh parsley
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/3 cup finely grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
- Place garlic in a food processor, pulse to chop. Add cilantro, parsley, oil, cheese, walnuts, lemon juice, salt and pepper; process until a thin paste forms.
Recipe by Bruce Weinstein and Mark Scarbrough