Cilantro Chicken Sandwiches
- Yield 4 servings
Cilantro adds a lot of taste to these chicken sandwiches.
- Cilantro Dressing:
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 loaf French bread, cut into halves lengthwise
- 2 large tomatoes, sliced
- 4 -- chicken beast, grilled
- 2 cups chopped vegetables, grilled (such as onions, mushrooms and squash)
- To prepare the dressing, process the cilantro, olive oil and kosher salt in a food processor until smooth.
- To prepared the sandwiches, drizzle each side of the bread halves with a small amount of the cilantro dressing. Layer the sliced tomatoes, chicken and vegetables on the bottom half of the bread. Top with the remaining half of the bread and cut into four equal portions.
Recipe reprinted with permission from The Junior League of Annapolis’s A Thyme to Entertain (The Junior League of Annapolis, Inc., 2007).