- Yield 1 cups
Make ahead, freeze, and use at your convenience on grilled meats and vegetables.
- 4 ounces (1 stick) butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro
- 1/2 -- jalapeno pepper, cored and chopped
- 1/8 teaspoon paprika
- 1 -- shallot, peeled and coarsely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- In a food processor, combine all ingredients and blend until smooth, about 1 minute. With a spatula, remove from work bowl, place on plastic wrap and roll into a log, 1 inch wide and 5 inches long. Wrap in plastic and chill until ready to use. Cut into thin slices, and use on grilled pork chops, salmon, grilled chicken, grilled turkey breasts or grilled vegetables.
Recipe reprinted with permission from Marguerite Marceau Henderson’s Savor the Memories (2002).