Keith Jackie of Superman Cooks
- 1/2gallon apple cider
- 1 bottle white wine (we used Pinot Grigio)
- 1 orange, sliced
- 8 cinnamon sticks
- 1teaspoon cloves
- Pour apple cider into a large saucepan.
- Add sliced orange, cloves, and 4 cinnamon sticks (left whole).
- Simmer over low heat for 1 hour (make sure not to let this boil).
- Remove from heat and strain through fine mesh strainer to remove solids.
- Place in refrigerator and allow to cool (for at least 1 hour or overnight).
- Fill large glass (we like mini pitchers) with ice. Add ¼ bottle of wine.
- Add ¼ portion of mulled cider to the wine.
- Garnish with orange and cinnamon stick.
This recipe from Superman Cooks for Pair Magazine was republished with permission. It originally appeared as Spiced Apple Cider Sangria.