Chunky Maple Walnut Spread
- Yield 8 servings
- Prep 15 mins
- Cook 0 mins
This is a great spread for bagels, crackers or pita chips. It also makes a good dip for apple slices, celery sticks, strawberries or pineapple spears.
- 1 -- (8-ounce) package low-fat cream cheese, softened at room temperature for an hour
- 2/3 cup California Walnuts
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries or California Raisins
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- Put cream cheese in a medium bowl. Add walnuts, raisins, syrup and cinnamon. Stir with a wooden spoon or rubber spatula until ingredients are mixed together.
- Spread on bagels, toast, or apple slices.
*To make as a softer dip for apple slices or strawberries, use twice as much maple syrup. To reduce fat and calorie content, use whipped lowfat cream cheese instead of a brick of lowfat cream cheese.
Recipe by Rosemary Mark.