Christmas Spirits Cookies
- Yield 48 pieces
- Prep 20 mins
- Cook 0 mins
- 32 chocolate crème sandwich cookies (i.e. Oreo’s)
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1-1/4 cup toasted California walnuts
- 2 tablespoons Instant coffee powder
- 2 tablespoons Light corn syrup
- 1/3 cup brandy, coffee liqueur, or rum
- Break up cookies and crush into fine crumbs in food processor fit with a stainless steel blade (about 2 cups crumbs).
- Add ½ cup of sugar, walnuts and 1 ½ tbs. of the coffee powder. Process thoroughly. Add corn syrup and gradually mix in brandy, liqueur, or rum to form a thick paste.
- Form into 1 inch balls.
- In small bowl, mix the remaining ¼ cup powdered sugar and the remaining ½ tablespoon coffee powder.
- Roll balls in sugar mixture to coat. Cookies may be stored in loosely packed between sheets of wax paper or aluminum foil in alright container for up to two weeks.
Upload a photo
You must be logged in to add recipes to your favorites
Login or register here