Christmas Spirits Cookies
- Yield 48 pieces
- Prep 20 mins
- Cook 0 mins
- 32 chocolate crème sandwich cookies (i.e. Oreo’s)
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1-1/4 cup toasted California walnuts
- 2 tablespoons Instant coffee powder
- 2 tablespoons Light corn syrup
- 1/3 cup brandy, coffee liqueur, or rum
- Break up cookies and crush into fine crumbs in food processor fit with a stainless steel blade (about 2 cups crumbs).
- Add ½ cup of sugar, walnuts and 1 ½ tbs. of the coffee powder. Process thoroughly. Add corn syrup and gradually mix in brandy, liqueur, or rum to form a thick paste.
- Form into 1 inch balls.
- In small bowl, mix the remaining ¼ cup powdered sugar and the remaining ½ tablespoon coffee powder.
- Roll balls in sugar mixture to coat. Cookies may be stored in loosely packed between sheets of wax paper or aluminum foil in alright container for up to two weeks.