Chopped Steakless Sandwich
- Yield 8 servings
- 1 package gardein™ beefless tips
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon jalapenos
- 1 teaspoon red wine vinegar
- To taste - salt
- To taste - pepper
- 1/2 yellow onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 1 cup white mushrooms , sliced
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese (vegan options available)
- 8 small dinner rolls
- 1 cup baby arugula
- Thaw gardein beefless tips and cut into quarters.
- Mix together the ketchup, dijon, jalapenos, red wine vinegar, salt and pepper.
- Heat a non stick pan over medium-high heat, add canola oil and caramelize gardein beefless tips well on all sides 2-3 minutes ,set aside.
- Saute onion, and cook until caramelized. Add mushrooms and continue to cook until mushrooms are also caramelized. Then stir in the caramelized beef tips, ketchup, dijon mustard, jalapenos, and cheddar cheese. Stir until the cheese is melted and hot throughout.
- Lay beefless mixture on your bun and garnish with baby arugula.
For more of gardein’s meat-free recipes, visit: http://gardein.com/recipes.php.