Chopped Steakless Sandwich
- Yield: 8 servings
- 1package gardein™ beefless tips
- 2tablespoons ketchup
- 1tablespoon dijon mustard
- 1teaspoon jalapenos
- 1teaspoon red wine vinegar
- To taste - salt
- To taste - pepper
- 1/2 yellow onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 1cup white mushrooms , sliced
- 1/2cup cheddar cheese (vegan options available)
- 8 small dinner rolls
- 1cup baby arugula
- Thaw gardein beefless tips and cut into quarters.
- Mix together the ketchup, dijon, jalapenos, red wine vinegar, salt and pepper.
- Heat a non stick pan over medium-high heat, add canola oil and caramelize gardein beefless tips well on all sides 2-3 minutes ,set aside.
- Saute onion, and cook until caramelized. Add mushrooms and continue to cook until mushrooms are also caramelized. Then stir in the caramelized beef tips, ketchup, dijon mustard, jalapenos, and cheddar cheese. Stir until the cheese is melted and hot throughout.
- Lay beefless mixture on your bun and garnish with baby arugula.
For more of gardein’s meat-free recipes, visit: http://gardein.com/recipes.php.