Chopped Green Salad with Tuna
- Yield: 4 servings
- 4slices bacon
- 1/3cup buttermilk
- 1/4cup mayonnaise
- 1/4teaspoon coarse salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 4cups coarsely chopped (1/2-inch) iceberg lettuce
- 1cup (1/2-inch) diced cucumber
- 2/3cup fresh or frozen peas, thawed
- 1/4cup chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 4 green onions (white and light green parts), thinly sliced
- 1 (5-ounce) can or pouch tuna in water, drained and flaked
- 2 hard-cooked eggs, coarsely chopped
- In a large skillet, fry bacon over medium-low heat, turning often, until crisp and brown. Transfer to paper towels to drain. Tear into small pieces.
- In a small bowl whisk buttermilk, mayonnaise, salt and pepper until smooth.
- In a large bowl, combine lettuce, cucumber, peas, parsley, onion and tuna; add buttermilk dressing and toss to combine. Transfer to serving plates; sprinkle with bacon and eggs.
Recipe by Jean Kressy
For more dinner recipes under 400 calories and with less than 20 grams of fat, check out our FREE 25 Dinners on a Diet Recipe Collection for the iPad on iTunes.
Nutritional Info *per serving
- Calories 251
- Fat 16g
- Cholesterol 129mg
- Sodium 561mg
- Carbohydrate 9g
- Fiber 3g
- Protein 16g