Chocolate Zucchini Cake with Cloves and Cinnamon
- Yield 16 servings
A moist chocolate chip cake filled with finely diced zucchini.
"This recipe is a family favorite. My daughter's co-workers make requests for it too."
- 1/2 cup soft margarine
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil (or applesauce)
- 1 3/4 cups sugar
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup sour milk
- 2 1/2 cups aall-purpose flour
- 4 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 cups finely diced zucchini
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 325F.
- Cream together margarine, oil and sugar. Stir in eggs and vanilla.
- Combine all dry ingredients and stir into sugar mixture alternately with the milk. Add zucchini and desired amount of chocolate chips.
- Pour batter into a greased and floured 13 x 9-inch baking dish. Sprinkle extra chocolate chips over the top if desired.
- Bake 40 to 45 minutes until toothpick inserted in center comes out dry.
Tips From Our Test Kitchen: Considering adding 1 cup of chocolate chips to the batter and sprinkling another cup over the top.0
– Barbara Gribben, Florence, Colo.