Chocolate Zucchini Cake with Cloves and Cinnamon
- Yield: 16 servings
"This recipe is a family favorite. My daughter's co-workers make requests for it too."
- 1/2cup soft margarine
- 1/2cup vegetable oil (or applesauce)
- 1 3/4cups sugar
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2cup sour milk
- 2 1/2cups aall-purpose flour
- 4tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1/2teaspoon baking powder
- 1teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2cups finely diced zucchini
- 1/4cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 325F.
- Cream together margarine, oil and sugar. Stir in eggs and vanilla.
- Combine all dry ingredients and stir into sugar mixture alternately with the milk. Add zucchini and desired amount of chocolate chips.
- Pour batter into a greased and floured 13 x 9-inch baking dish. Sprinkle extra chocolate chips over the top if desired.
- Bake 40 to 45 minutes until toothpick inserted in center comes out dry.
Tips From Our Test Kitchen: Considering adding 1 cup of chocolate chips to the batter and sprinkling another cup over the top.0
– Barbara Gribben, Florence, Colo.