Chocolate Zucchini Bread with Walnuts
- Yield 16 servings
This delicious chocolate bread gets extra moisture and nutrition from unassuming zucchini.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup whole wheat or all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups shredded zucchini
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/4 cup skim milk
- Preheat oven to 350F. Spray a loaf pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Mix flours, cocoa, baking soda, cinnamon and baking powder in a large mixing bowl. In a separate bowl, mix brown sugar, eggs, oil and vanilla until a creamy texture forms. Add in zucchini and walnuts.
- Alternate additions of flour and zucchini mixture until combined, stirring lightly after each addition just until moist.
- Bake 45-55 minutes until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.