- Yield 16 servings
A dazzling series of chocolate layers no one can resist.
- 1 (1-pound 2 1/4-ounce) package light devil's food cake mix
- 1 1/3 cups water
- 1 large egg
- 2 large egg whites
- 1 (3.9 ounce) package instant chocolate pudding
- 3 cups cold skim milk
- 1/3 cup coffee liqueur
- 1/2 cup (two 1.4-ounce bars) chopped chocolate covered toffee candy bars
- 1 (8-ounce) container frozen light whipped topping
- Preheat oven to 350F. Coat two 9-inch round baking pans with nonstick cooking spray and dust with flour.
- Combine cake mix, water, egg and egg whites in a mixing bowl and beat 2 minutes. Pour batter evenly into prepared pans. Bake 25 to 30 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Let cool on a rack and then remove from pans.
- In a mixing bowl, combine pudding mix and milk and prepare according to package directions. Chill in refrigerator.
- To assemble, place a cake layer in the bottom of a trifle dish or large glass bowl, then top with half the coffee liqueur, half the toffee candy bars, half the pudding, and half the whipped topping. Repeat layers.