Chocolate Tres Leches Cake
- Yield 16 servings
- 1 package Devil's Food cake mix
- 3/4 cup half-and-half
- 14 fluid ounces sweetened condensed milk
- 3/4 cup evaporated milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup Kahlua (optional)
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 cups frozen whipped topping, thawed
According to directions printed on box, mix and bake cake in a 13-by-9-inch pan. While cake is baking, prepare tres leches mixture by combining half-and-half, sweetened condensed milk, evaporated milk, vanilla, and Kahlua in a large bowl. Whisk in cocoa and cinnamon until blended with milks.
Remove baked cake from oven. Cool 10 minutes. Poke closely-spaced holes throughout baked cake using a fork or skewer. Pour half the tres leches mixture all over top of warm cake. Allow a couple of minutes for mixture to soak in before pouring remainder of mixture over top of cake. Cover and chill at least one hour. Spread completely cooled, soaked cake with whipped topping. Sprinkle with finely chopped chocolate or chocolate curls. Enjoy! Keep cake refrigerated.