Chocolate Toffee Crescent Bars
- Yield: 3 dozens
"This recipe has been in my files for a long time. My 30-something daughter made this as a young teenager. It's so easy a kid can make it with little supervision. And it's very delicious! Cookies and bars have always been my weakness, and these are some of the yummiest!"
- 1 (8-ounce) can refrigerated quick crescent rolls
- 2/3cup butter or margarine
- 2/3cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1cup chopped nuts, your favorite
- 6ounces (1 cup) semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Heat oven to 375 F. degrees
- Unroll dough into 2 long rectangles. Place rolls in ungreased 15″ X 10″ jelly roll pan, pressing over bottom to form crust, sealing perforations.
- In small saucepan, combine butter and brown sugar, boil 1 minute. Pour evenly over dough and sprinkle with nuts.
- Bake for 14-18 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from oven and immediately sprinkle with chocolate chips. As the chips melt, slightly spread them over top. Cool completely; cut into bars.
Marsha Baker, Pioneer, Ohio