Chocolate Snaps with Cinnamon
- Yield 6
These crispy chocolate cookies are a fun treat to make with kids. They also make sweet gifts.
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter
- 1 1/2 cups sugar, divided
- 1 egg
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips, melted
- 1/2 cup corn syrup
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Mix together the butter, 1 cup sugar and egg in a large bowl. Beat with a mixer on low speed until creamy. Blend in the melted chocolate, corn syrup and vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt. Add the dry mixture to the chocolate mixture and mix well.
- Place the remaining 1/2 cup of sugar in a small bowl. Shape the dough into 1-inch balls and roll in the sugar. Bake for 12 minutes on an ungreased cookie sheet.
Recipe reprinted with permission from The Junior League of Houston, Inc., Peace Meals, a Book of Recipes for Cooking and Connecting (The Junior League of Houston, Inc., 2008)