- Yield 16 servings
A rich chocolate sauce that's perfect for gifting.
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter
- 4 ounces unsweetened chocolate
- 3 cups sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 (15-ounce) can evaporated milk
- Melt butter and chocolate in the top of a double boiler over simmering water. Stir in remaining ingredients. Cook 20 minutes, stirring occasionally. Let cool slightly and spoon into a (1-pint) glass jar. Refrigerate.
- To use, set glass jar in a pot of barely simmering water over low heat until chocolate has thinned to sauce consistency. Stir well. The sauce can be reheated as often as needed. Makes 2 cups.