Chocolate Relish Bars
- Yield 36 servings
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole-wheat flour
- 2 1/2 cups quick oats
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 cup butter, softened and cut into small pieces
- 1 1/2 cups raspberry jam
- 1 (12-ounce) bag semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 350F. Coat a 13-by-9-inch baking pan with cooking spray. Line bottom and two sides with foil, letting edges extend over sides. Coat foil with spray.
- Combine flours, oats, salt and sugar. Add butter and combine until large crumbs form. Reserve one-third of crumb mixture.
- Press remaining crumbs on bottom of pan. Spread jam almost to edges of crust. Sprinkle chocolate chips, reserved crumb mixture and pecans on top.
- Bake 30 minutes, covering top with foil for last 10 minutes, until golden brown. Cool on wire rack. Remove from pan with foil and cut into 36 bars.
Recpe by Jean Kressy