Chocolate Peppermint Pie
- Yield 8 servings
This is a great pie to take to Christmas gatherings.
- 1 cup sugar
- 2/3 cup butter or margarine
- 3 -- eggs, beaten
- 2 -- (1-ounce) squares unsweetened chocolate
- 1/3 cup semi-sweet chocolate pieces
- 1 -- 8-inch or 9-inch graham cracker crust
- 1 cup heavy cream, whipped
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/3 cup crushed peppermint stick candy
- Cream butter and sugar together until light. Blend in eggs. Melt both chocolates and mix thoroughly with sugar mixtures. Pour into chilled graham cracker crust. Chill 3 to 4 hours or overnight. Before serving, spread with whipped cream, to which sugar and vanilla have been added. Sprinkle with crushed pepermint candy on top.
Recipe reprinted with permission from the Junior League of Charlotte’s The Charlotte Cookbook (the Junior League of Charlotte, North Carolina, 1969).