Chocolate Pecan Pie
- Yield 10 servings
Here's a beautiful, chocolate-and-pecan-filled dessert not to be missed.
- 3/4 cup chocolate chips
- 1 (9-inch) piecrust, prebaked
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) unsalted butter, melted
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups coarsely chopped pecans
1. Preheat oven to 400F.
2. Sprinkle chocolate chips over warm, prebaked crust. When melted, spread evenly.
3. Combine corn syrup, brown sugar, melted butter, eggs, vanilla and salt in a large bowl; whisk until well blended. Stir in pecans. Pour over chocolate. Bake 40 to 45 minutes or until set. Place a pie shield or strips of aluminum foil over rim if it starts getting too brown.
4. Transfer pie to a wire rack; let cool to room temperature before serving. Or chill, then serve. Serves 10.