Chocolate Pecan Pie from Holly Clegg
- Yield 8 to 10 servings
With a rich pecan filling, a hint of chocolate, and a store-bought piecrust, this easy pie is everything you would want in a dessert.
- 1 (9-inch) unbaked pie shell
- 2 eggs
- 2 egg whites
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup coarsely chopped pecans
- 1/3 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven 350F.
- In bowl, whisk together eggs, egg whites, corn syrup, butter, sugar, brown sugar, flour and vanilla. Stir in pecans and chocolate chips.
- Transfer to pie shell. Bake 45 to 50 minutes or until set. Cool completely.
Recipe reprinted with permission from Holly Clegg’s Trim & Terrific Gulf Coast Favorites: Over 250 Easy Recipes from My Louisiana Kitchen, 2008.