Chocolate Peanut Butter Toffee Icebox Cake
- Yield 10 servings
- Prep 25 mins
- Cook 0 mins
A great way to get chocolate into your summer -- no cooking required.
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 cups cold heavy cream, divided
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 36 -- chocolate wafer cookies or chocolate graham crackers
- 1 -- (1.4-ounce) Heath bar, chopped
- Combine peanut butter and 1/4 cup cream in a large bowl. Stir until smooth and softened.
- Beat remaining 1 3/4 cups cream, sugar and vanilla in another large bowl until soft peaks form. Stir about one-quarter of whipped cream into peanut butter mixture. Fold in remaining cream.
- Line a 9-inch springform pan with plastic wrap. Spread a thin layer of peanut butter mixture on bottom of pan. Arrange 12 cookies on top and cover with about one-third of remaining peanut butter mixture. Repeat with two more layers of cookies and peanut butter mixture, ending with peanut butter mixture. Sprinkle Heath bar around top edge and refrigerate 5 hours to overnight. Remove pan side. Gently lift cake by the plastic wrap to remove it from the pan bottom and peel away plastic wrap.
Recipe by Jean Kressy.