Chocolate Peanut Butter Cups
- Yield 12 servings
- 1/2 cup Earth Balance buttery spread
- 3/4 cup crunchy peanut butter (preferably unsweetened and unsalted)
- 3/4 cup graham cracker crumbs (about 10 squares)
- 1/4 cup maple sugar or other granulated sweetener
- 1 cup grain-sweetened, nondairy chocolate or carob chips
- 1/4 cup soy, rice, or nut milk
- 1/4 cup chopped peanuts, pecans, or almonds
1. Line a 12-cup muffin tin with paper liners.
2. Melt butter in a small saucepan over medium heat. Stir in peanut butter, graham cracker crumbs, and maple sugar; mix well. Remove from heat. Divide mixture evenly among muffin cups, about 2 Tbsp per cup.
3. Combine chocolate and milk in another saucepan. Stir over medium heat until chocolate has melted. Spoon evenly over peanut butter mixture. Top with chopped nuts. Refrigerate until set, about 2 hours.