Chocolate Peanut Butter Cups
- Yield: 12 servings
- 1/2cup Earth Balance buttery spread
- 3/4cup crunchy peanut butter (preferably unsweetened and unsalted)
- 3/4cup graham cracker crumbs (about 10 squares)
- 1/4cup maple sugar or other granulated sweetener
- 1cup grain-sweetened, nondairy chocolate or carob chips
- 1/4cup soy, rice, or nut milk
- 1/4cup chopped peanuts, pecans, or almonds
1. Line a 12-cup muffin tin with paper liners.
2. Melt butter in a small saucepan over medium heat. Stir in peanut butter, graham cracker crumbs, and maple sugar; mix well. Remove from heat. Divide mixture evenly among muffin cups, about 2 Tbsp per cup.
3. Combine chocolate and milk in another saucepan. Stir over medium heat until chocolate has melted. Spoon evenly over peanut butter mixture. Top with chopped nuts. Refrigerate until set, about 2 hours.